Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sanctuary

So now I'm a mother of two. Nothing else is going on right now I don't think.
Well I started listening to music again now. For someone who loooves music, being absent from it for about a year is pretty significant. I didn't even really gave it much thought until one day I listened to a John Mayer song from my laptop, with an earphone. I mean really listen to the song with eyes closed. Never thought the effect would be so significant. Felt like I am starting to get pieces of myself back.
Don't get me wrong..being a mother and a wife is great. Seriously. I wouldn't trade it with anything else. The love I felt and give to my husband and kids are so great that I left myself out without even thinking about it.
Now I am holding on to my music. Taking some me time at night with my earphones on and eyes shut. Oh sanctuary. Hello Amanda, let's dance like crazy in our dream tonight.  Bottoms up :)

No comments: