Friday, January 30, 2009

A worker's rant

Kay, to the point aja kali yah (opening yang tidak bagus hihi)

Yah anyway, I don't really have anything meaningful to do here. Everything that I've worked on, tasks that made me cross-eyed and fry my brain, all for almost naught. This is ridiculous.

Well I'm not the kind of person who works for the money/material things. I'd like job satisfaction, apprreciation and respect more. But at least I can learn one thing from this.

If I were to be a leader, I will respect my peers and my subordinates. I will NOT demean any of them unless they did something to cause it. And if they do deserve it, I will NOT demean them in front of other people (again, unless it's for special circumstances which I don't think will likely to rise). Each and every one of them is a real person, each and every one of them love and is loved by somebody. They're somebody's mother, somebody's father, somebody's son or daughter, and so on (you get the idea), so that means they do have value in this life, they meant the world to somebody, and they do deserve to be respected.

Besides, even from good management point of view, it is counter productive to make the work environment uncomfortable for everybody everytime we're around. I definitely wouldn't want to be the person who's avoided by everybody and cursed by a lot of people at times. Yecch..

Even if you do have a lot of power and earn that through hard work or whatever, that does not mean that you can use that in a negative way. Remember Hitler?

Huff....

No comments: