Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A blanket for a friend

Hi there sweetie =)

Well, I don't know where to start..
I know that you're not feeling so great right now (hm...talking about underestimating). I honestly don't know what to say when you called this morning but I've been squeezing my brain out to figure out how to help you feel better. I know that we might not be that close to each other as friends, and I might not be the most articulate person you've ever known, but I also know that even though we're not close, we are friends. And I am sure anyone would prefer to see happiness and not sorrow on a friend's face.

As I might have said to you before a while back, I may not be the type of person who could create an illusion of happiness. I would prefer to bring reality back to you and try my best to be your company and lift your spirit up to face it. What you're facing right now, it sucks and you know it. I say you have every right to feel sad and dissappointed. But I want you to remember, it's life. In life, people make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up for being human. =) We all make mistakes honey..
I'd say the world we live in, it's an educating world. Everything that happens, we can only learn from it. If we hurt people along the way, apologize, try not to do the same mistake, learn from it and move on. It's inevitable. Again, it's just the way life is.
We hurt and got hurt.
But don't forget the times when we made people happy and when they made us happy. Those moments may feel a little blurry right now, but it's there. =)
And sweetie, you said it yourself that you got a bunch of friends who cares about you. Treasure it. It's one of the most beautiful thing in this world.
It's like when you're ready to sail to the ocean. Your friends will have different roles in your life. Some may pack up and set sail together to go through the journey with you, some help build the ship with you, some stay at home, praying that you'll find what you're looking for and praying for your safe return, and some help taking care of your loved ones back home. Each and every one has different role, one may seem more important than the other, but don't put different values on them. They're all your friends and they all care about you =)
I hope you can always remember that when you feel down. We're here for you.

Lastly, I want you to also treasure what you've been through. It will be a powerful support for you in the future. It's one of your most valuable life experience. It will make you a stronger person. Remember, what doesn't kill you will only makes you stronger =)

So, feel better ya sweetie. I'm sorry I may not be able to do a better job, but I hope this can make you feel better even if just a liiiii'l bit. Remember, you have your God, your friends, and yourself to support you =)
Kiss your spirit before you go to bed tonight. Congratulate her for being strong so far and also for being who she is.

Oh, and see you Friday! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you, darling.. and i do think of you as my close friends. things may have seem rough right now, and i still can't help it when i find myself waking up to tears, but i will be fine. i know i will... and with such great people around, i know i have no reason to be stucked in my sorrow.

you guys are my safety nets. and i treasure your presence in my life. things are tough, but as a good ole saying says,.. this too, shall pass..

thanks for listening and caring to this very annoying spoiled brat :) you know i love you so much.happy V day babe.

Mac said...

Wow, Manda has the same thought as I am, write something in own blog to help a little :p

Yup, Manda's right... Every single thing she said. Good job, Flying Cow!